Wednesday, February 24, 2010

blankets fo' ma' baybay...

i do realize that three is the magic number when it comes to kiddos. i realize that the life we know and love will be shaken up quite a bit with the arrival of this new little person in june. i also realize that i'll have to work twice as hard for matthew not to suffer hard-core from middle child syndrome, and david not to crater under the weight of our expectations for him as the perfect oldest kid. and bless his little heart, baby jeremiah will be born into a life of getting jipped if i don't start trying to thwart it off now. so, i am starting with two of my favorite pastimes: quilting and knitting. my goal: two blankets made by me for him BEFORE he's five years old. so far, one down, one in progress. not bad, since i have 3 months before he's scheduled to arrive to finish knitting the last third of his blanket. yehaw! and, of course, here's some pics :]


4 comments:

  1. I love love love the colors and prints in your quilt, and I really like your quilting style. It seems like it'd be difficult to have all kinds of fabrics and different prints and to make them into something cohesive (while trying to use all the ones you love) without the whole quilt looking mondo tacky. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you are doing great! I was so glad to see that you visited me. I haven't been here in a log time either. I have a lot of catching up to do. And you are right, that 3rd one does make a difference but you will be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the quilt! so modern looking. Sounds like you're about to be a busy mom, again.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete