Tuesday, October 6, 2009

and i want You more than i wanna live another day....

So, as I mentioned before, I am opening bekalicious this week- my new store on Etsy. To say that I'm excited about it would be the understatement of the century. I am elated. I've only been quilting for a month or two shy of a year, but I think people will buy them :] The decision to open the store, to make quilts for money, it was completely not my own. I have always had a knack for teaching myself things and making do with what I have and what not. But God's really been transforming me lately. He's transforming the way I think about myself. People always assume that someone who is slightly different from the average everyday joe- that somehow they just automatically know they're amazing. How untrue. I can honestly say that I have never met a truly gifted and amazing person that felt that way about themselves. Usually, the ones that brag about amazingness are anything but, right? Well, I'm not saying I'm awesome. I'm so not. I am flawed in so many ways... and saved by grace :] I have long been told that I'm creative and I should use my craft to make money- cakes, purses, quilts- anything. And if I'm honest, I'll admit that I toyed with the idea once or twice but could not wrap my head around the particulars of it. This is different. My heart is set on being a blessing to others, and I have limited means to do it. I really believe that God is setting me up to see His promises come to life in our life. I'm coming to terms with the fact that acknowledging God's giftings in me isn't cockiness but just a sweet way to honor Him. I have been in constant conversation with Jesus on this whole thing- just making sure He's on board, and He is. Yay :] It's not about money, just about obedience. I want Him far more than I want anything else- just the overflow of more of Him in my life- that's what I long for.

No comments:

Post a Comment