Friday, October 2, 2009

pulling me with your... gravity

Friday. This is the day I use for cleaning, laundry, etc. So I packed up all my quilting garb and put it away. We had dinner on my sewing table :] I usually focus all my energy on NOT sewing over the weekend, because I never want it to overtake our lives. You laugh. But really- I have a 4 year old that's home with me during the day, and I keep a friend's little guy as well. I overheard them during their usual pretend playtime saying "what should we do? cut fabric?" Yikes. And it doesn't matter what I'm doing, but if I look slightly busy, the first thing they ask me is "R U working on a quilt?" I strive for balance, trying to keep my evenings and weekends free. But I have to be honest, I have two projects that were begging not to be shelved today. Ugh. I basted the house party quilt, I soooo want to quilt it. And I started another quilt, it's completely pieced, back and all- just waiting for some birdies to be sewn on, then I can sandwich it. Being so close to being finished- that is like torture to my compulsive nature. I thrive on the end result, which is probably why I love it so much. I read another blogger talking about a friend that she lured into quilting because of her addictive personality. It stung- how true for me too :] So, good news, I'll have two, possibly three, finished quilts to post next week. Bad news, it may be the end of next week because I will try my darnedest all weekend to wait till Monday to work on them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment